📈 Explore REIT Investing with a Smarter Trading App

Perfect for investors focused on steady income and long-term growth.

📈 Start Trading Smarter with moomoo Malaysia →

(Sponsored — Trade REITs & stocks with professional tools and real-time market data)

Negeri Sembilan police cripple a drug smuggling syndicate, arresting two men and seizing syabu worth RM1.56 million in a major highway bust.

SEREMBAN: Police have crippled a drug smuggling syndicate with the seizure of syabu worth RM1.56 million and the arrest of two men.

The Negeri Sembilan police contingent seized 30 packets of Chinese tea suspected of containing the drugs following the arrests at Kilometre 236.9 of the North-South Expressway last Thursday.

State police chief Datuk Alzafny Ahmad said the operation involved the Bukit Aman Traffic Investigation and Enforcement Department Motorcycle Patrol Unit.

READ MORE: RM13 million syabu stash found in rented homestay

He said police discovered a package weighing about 30,601 grammes in the boot of the suspects’ car.

“Inspection of the package revealed crystal-like substances suspected to be syabu,” Alzafny said at a press conference today.

Investigations indicate the drugs were believed to have been collected in Puchong, Selangor.

Alzafny estimated the supply could have affected about 30,000 individuals.

Further investigations suggest the syndicate has been active since last year and was targeting markets in the southern states.

Background checks showed the driver has two prior drug-related offences and one criminal record.

The second suspect has four drug-related offences and one criminal record, with both testing positive for methamphetamine.

The suspects, previously remanded for seven days beginning Feb 13, have had their remand extended for another four days.

The case is being investigated under Section 39B of the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952.

In a separate operation on Feb 16, police seized 115 tonnes of hazardous chemicals worth RM577,000 at an industrial premises in Senawang.

The raid, conducted with the state Department of Environment, also resulted in the seizure of three smelting machines valued at nearly RM1.2 million.

Twelve foreign nationals were detained for failing to produce valid identification documents.

They comprised eight Myanmar men, three Bangladeshi men and a Chinese woman, who were believed to be working and residing at the factory.

According to the factory’s permit, it was authorised only to manufacture plastic goods.

Investigations revealed violations of the permit conditions.

The Department of Environment is investigating the case under environmental regulations.

A Stop Operation of Equipment notice was issued, ordering the premises to cease operations immediately.

 The Sun Malaysia

📈 Explore REIT Investing with a Smarter Trading App

Perfect for investors focused on steady income and long-term growth.

📈 Start Trading Smarter with moomoo Malaysia →

(Sponsored — Trade REITs & stocks with professional tools and real-time market data)

About the Author

Danny H

Seasoned sales executive and real estate agent specializing in both condominiums and landed properties.

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}